YOUR RESONANT SELF - IN RELATIONSHIP - APPLICATION WEEK, Part of a 2-Week Immersion Program
YOUR RESONANT SELF – IN RELATIONSHIP – APPLICATION WEEK, Part of a 2-Week Immersion Program
June 13, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - June 20, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
Do you have the sense that your relationships with others – with partners, friends, parents or children — are shadows of what they could be? Do you have a hard time being in joyful contact with others? Is it hard for both you and your others to exist and have needs at the same time? Perhaps you’ve been practicing self-compassion meditations and reading self-help books for years, but still struggle to be warm and accepting towards yourself and others in relationship?
Participants are welcome to attend in pairs, singly, or in other configurations.
Based on the book Your Resonant Self, (Norton Publishing, September 2017), this retreat will take you through the foundational understandings, skills and steps needed to nurture a practice of self-warmth and to bring it to life in your relational connections.
This will be the second of two retreats (Week One here) designed to accompany the book. It will be very experiential, with lots of movement and sweetness. The second of these two retreats, which are available either combined or as stand-alone experiences, will run from June 13-20, 2020.
If you wish to purchase the program as a combination for a discount please visit the week one description for pricing information.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
$1550 plus room and board. See below to calculate your cost:
Cancellation policy – $500 of the payment is non-refundable – the rest is refundable 40 days in advance of program start date – no refunds after 40 days in advance, as I depend on registration to run programs, and have to prepay the retreat center for reservations.
In order to secure the early-bird rates, you must register and pay by the dates above.
$500 of your tuition payment is non-refundable and non-transferrable. Payments are refundable up to 40 days before the program start date.
Room and board payments are due 45 days before program start and are only refundable up to 32 days before the program start date.
If paying by PayPal, please add 3% to cover PayPal fees. Write Sarah at email@example.com to pay by check.
For people registering for retreats less than two weeks in advance of the start of the retreat, the Alton Collins Retreat Center cannot guarantee that they can support special diet requests.
Final Deadline for Registration: 7 Days Before the Start of the Program
HOW DO I REGISTER?
To register please fill out this form to send an email to Sarah.
Here is the plan for the week:
DAY ONE: How The Automatic Voice Affects Relationships: The Default Mode Network
- Identifying the sound and tone of the DMN
- How negative core beliefs reveal the DMN
- A basic understanding of the geography of the brain
- Understanding the importance of self-warmth and warmth in relationship
DAY TWO: How Emotional Balance Affects Relationship: Healthy Self-Regulation
- The benefits of warm accompaniment
- The skills of resonant language
- How resonance regulates us and strengthens the brain
- Hearing the voice of the body
DAY THREE: Developing Self-Kindness and Kindness to Others: Introducing the Resonating Self-Witness
- The Resonating Self-Witness, Linkage and Differentiation
- Feelings vocabulary
- Panksepp’s circuits, particularly CARE
- Tying these concepts into our understanding of self-regulation and connection with others
DAY FOUR: Taming the Inner Critic: Hearing the Attempt to Contribute
- Returning to the DMN, working with the self-critical voice, learning how the critical voice affects connection
- The hemispheres
- Getting to know the left hemisphere and its dismissive voice
- Needs vocabulary
DAY FIVE: Calming Anxiety: Moving Toward Trust
- The foundations of anxiety
- Anxiety and Panksepp’s circuits
- Considering our prenatal life and the thermostat of anxiety
- Building self-empathy skills
- Time traveling into the future
DAY SIX: Time Traveling With Resonance: Healing Old Hurts
- Time, trauma and the brain
- Explicit and implicit memory
- Understanding the vagus nerve, freeze and dissociation
- Time traveling into the past to heal trauma
- Working with infidelity and betrayal
DAY SEVEN: Vanquishing Ancient Fears
- Understanding fear: the FEAR circuit
- The state of FLIGHT
- Distinguishing between FEAR and GRIEF/PANIC
- Panic attacks, phobias
- Making the world a safe place