Get Traction on Depression – a 3-day Series to Learn the Your Resonant Self Model
Have you struggled with long-term or chronic depression? Have you longed to access life-energy, joy, and consistent connection to meaning and purpose?
Have you scolded your depressed self, saying things like “you have no reason to be depressed!” or, “you should be grateful!” or “if you exercised, you wouldn’t be so sad, you only have yourself to blame for this”?
What I’ve learned from relational neurobiology is this: our bodies do not do things for no reason. We are infinitely exquisite beings who operate within a system, responding to things in our environment in ways that make perfect sense.
There are five interventions I’ve found deeply healing in the process of working with my own and my client’s depression:
- Healing ancestral trauma
- Greeting ourselves with resonant language
- Releasing unconscious contracts
- Discovering allyship with the self-critical voice, and
- Understanding the collapse of depression in the context of the circuits.
If you are looking a safe practice context to practice these methods to work with your depression, and to take home tools you can use on your own anytime, please consider joining me in June.
In this 3-day series, we’ll briefly explore a handful of neurobiological concepts that help us understand depression, then we’ll do some demonstrations of the YRS processes that work for tending to each of these causes of depression. Then we’ll break into smaller groups to practice the tools together, and then come back to the full group to debrief with questions:
- DAY 1 (MON – JUNE 17, 2019) from 10:30-12 Noon PST: THE JOURNEY INTO AND OUT OF DEPRESSION THROUGH THE CIRCUITS OF EMOTION AND MOTIVATION
We will learn how the circuits of emotion and motivation can become tangled, undifferentiated, in ways that can cause depression, and then we’ll learn and practice (via small group work and demonstrations) how to work with the collapse in the context of the circuitry.
- DAY 2 (WED – JUNE 19, 2019) from 10:30-12 Noon PST: DISARMING AND DISCOVERING THE ALLYSHIP OF THE CRITICAL VOICE
We will learn and practice how to work with unconscious contracts that keep us cycling through our depression patterns, as well as using resonant language to understand and greet the default mode network.
Part of this work is understanding the way in which unconscious contracts are attempts to keep us safe, and when those contracts are broken or unattainable, that itself can send us into the collapse we call ‘depression’, as well as seeing the agreements we may have made with ourselves to limit joy, which is another type of contract that leads to minimizing our life-energy and feeling sad and disconnected from meaning and purpose.
- DAY 3 (THURS – JUNE 20, 2019) from 10:30-12 Noon PST: LIGHTENING THE IMPLICIT LOAD: TIME-TRAVEL INTO OUR PARENT’S LIVES
Through a quick overview of the epigenetics of depression, we will learn and practice time-traveling into the past to give support and resource to the bodies of our parents and other ancestors, healing the stories and patterns that our bodies are carrying through generational trauma.
Registration includes free access to my March 2019 webinar about the neuroscience of depression. We will cover a small bit of brain science in this mini-series, but primarily we will focus on practice so please watch the depression webinar before our first meeting.
Please note: If you are an existing webinar subscriber, you already have access to this webinar. I will not be offering partial-refunds for those who have already purchased the March webinar, instead this bonus is to ensure that everyone who enrolls in this depression course can prepare by watching the neurobiology concepts I cover in that webinar.
You will leave this mini-course with solid tools and a sense of understanding where your particular flavor of depression comes from, and how to best work with it. I hope to see you there!
16-Week Online Your Resonant Self: Your Brain & Your Contracts - Book Study Group
Do you long to be a more full and free version of yourself? Do you sometimes feel stuck and unsure how to move forward? Have you read and integrated much of the self-warmth from the book “Your Resonant Self,” and do you still have difficulty with being fully nourished by your Resonating Self-Witness? Do you wish to be free from your self-sabotaging or self-destructive behaviors which keep you small and inhibit you from thriving?
But how can we shift such deeply ingrained habits and thought patterns?
This new book-study-course offers a fresh look into the content of “Your Resonant Self,” with the new and revolutionary understanding of sacred vows and unconscious contracts, alongside the brain-changing science and insights of the book. In order to belong, survive or honor our families, we make unconscious and silent agreements with ourselves, our caregivers, or the world, which can keep us feeling stuck, small and constrained. Sacred Vow work allows us to touch on, bring healing to, and release ourselves from agreements that are no longer serving us. During this course, we will examine the different contracts that arise from differences in the brains’ hemispheres that are connected to every single concept that the book covers. You will learn how to release yourself from these contracts so you can live a life of your choosing.
Whether you are experienced or brand new to Sarah’s book, this study group is for you!
This online Zoom course moves through YOUR RESONANT SELF through the lens of Sacred Vows in 16 sessions, 1 week per chapter + introduction and closing, spread out over 8 months.
The first meeting that goes over the introduction is on October 18th, but you can JOIN ANYTIME and catch up by watching the recordings and still catch all the upcoming live classes.
- Registration includes the monthly IPNB Webinar series for the length of time of the group!
- Registration includes a 75% discount on recordings of the original book study series!
- The webinar is conducted online, using zoom webinar technology, accessible via mobile device or laptop or desktop computer.
- Due to Sarah’s travel schedule, the 16 meeting dates will be spread out over about 9 months: Recordings are available if some live dates don’t work for you.
- This series will be more experiential than the original series, allowing participants to feel into the sacred vow/unconscious contract process. Each of the 16 sessions will include a short welcome/hello to set our resonant learning container, then Sarah will present that week’s material (slides will be available for download), there will be at least one unconscious contract demo, and then you’ll have time for questions and spots of empathy for any places you’re struggling with the material.
- Each session is a 55-minute class, and will take place on Thursday mornings from 9 – 9:55 am Pacific time.
- Recordings of the live meetings are posted online shortly after the live group, so you can easily do this class at your own speed by watching the recordings if you cannot make the meeting time.
Watch or listen to the preview below!
16-Week Online Your Resonant Self Book Study Group Recordings
Are you longing for more depth you move through this rich, but challenging material?
Do you have questions and are you seeking answers to help you move through the book and get to healing?
Whether you’ve completed Sarah’s new book, or you’re working your way slowly through, or you’re stuck on certain chapters, this study group is for you!
This is a prerecorded online Zoom course that moves through YOUR RESONANT SELF in 16 sessions, 1 session per chapter + introduction and closing.
This course is complete but you can still catch up by watching the recordings. Also, when you purchase it alongside the upcoming live course (Starting October 2018), receive these recordings for a 75% discount off the listed price!
- Gain access to this completed prerecorded zoom course, which goes in-depth into the content in a 16-hour series, beginning with the introduction and going chapter by chapter with Sarah teaching the content.
- Largely informational and questions-based, rather than focused on emotional processing, during each of the 16 sessions Sarah presents that week’s material (slides are also available for download), followed by questions from those that participated live.
- Each recording is 55-minutes in length and packed with neurobiological research and relational insights