Are you longing to understand how to untangle the pain of the past to experience freedom and peace in the present? In this 7-week online series, Sarah will walk you through an easy and memorable tour of neuroscience and the way that NVC changes brains and makes lives fluid and more resilient.
Join us to learn the freeing effects of resonant language and empathy on these small and large moments of stuckness that all of us live with!
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Perhaps you don’t identify as someone who’s experienced trauma. After all, trauma is a big word, which is used so often that it can lose its meaning. And it can seem so big that it does not apply to us.
But each of us are affected multiple times a day by the micro-freezes that result from recent and more distant events where we were helpless, alone, afraid, angry, unsupported or torn in too many directions to be able to move.
You can notice the after-effects of these painful past experiences in moments of:
- Our overreactions
- Our moments of freeze, confusion or bewilderment
- Every triggered snap, contemptuous remark, or putdown
- Moments of misattunement
- Times when we are dismissed or when we dismiss others
- The times we shift into strategy, instead of being able to stay in empathy
- What we don’t allow ourselves to express
- When we can’t see people as humans and we lose sight of their wholeness
- Moments of stuckness
- In this seven week series, we will explore the
This is a seven week online course which meets on Thursdays starting June 7th. If you cannot make the live meeting times, you can access the recordings afterward at your convenience. Live meeting dates include:
|June 07 • 5:00 – 6:30pm Pacific (California) Time|
|June 14 • 5:00 – 6:30pm Pacific (California) Time|
|Excluding June 21|
|June 28 • 5:00 – 6:30pm Pacific (California) Time|
|July 05 • 5:00 – 6:30pm Pacific (California) Time|
|July 12 • 5:00 – 6:30pm Pacific (California) Time|
|July 19 • 5:00 – 6:30pm Pacific (California) Time|
|July 26 • 5:00 – 6:30pm Pacific (California) Time|
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Week 1 – Overview of time, trauma and the brain, basic time travel empathy process for intrusive memory from a recent week
- Week 2 – Childhood trauma: adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and learning how to travel to our younger self
- Week 3 – Empathy for the cells, following the body where it leads us, working with old injuries
- Week 4 – Understanding the mammalian circuits of emotions and motivation, empathy for the circuits
- Week 5 – Understanding social trauma and the freeze response, empathy for dissociation
- Week 6 – Time travel no matter what – the metaphors of life: conception, other lives, the future
- Week 7 – Culmination, exploring what is left.
HOW TO REGISTER
Click here to register for this course on NVC Academy.