A Monthly IPNB Teleseminar with Sarah is a 1-1/2 hour exploration of current research into the brain and how it behaves in relationship. Sarah uses the lenses of Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB) and Nonviolent Communication (NVC) to emphasize how we change and heal in relationship with one another. The participants call in on a joint conference call line while viewing a web-based visual presentation, to engage the information through multiple channels. There is usually an additional 1/2 hour wrap-up after the initial session is over so that people can comment on what is significant to them – this provides the learning community with another way to integrate the information. Recordings and visuals are provided to participants and subscribers, and are for sale after the teleseminar is over in the store here on this website.
– $20 per drop in and/or recording of session
– 1 year subscription price (11 teleseminars) for $170
– Registration for 1 year complete upon purchase
– Payment in full only, via check or paypal
Sessions schedule: 7-8.30 p.m. Pacific time:
IPNB and Empathy Teleseminar in April, Tuesday evening 5/30 at 7pm Pacific time: The Precuneus and the Sense of Self: Differentiating Self from Other (90 minutes with optional 30 min q&a afterwards)
How do we know who we are? What forms us and gives us a sense of self? How do we know others? And how do we tell others apart from ourselves? These are the questions that we will investigate during May’s teleseminar. The more we know about how we know ourselves, the easier it is to understand where things may have gone awry. In order to fully exist, we need to be seen, understood and reflected with empathy. We also do much better when we exist within the brains of the people who are closest to us. When those people can hold a consistent and reliable representation of us within them, when those people can remember us, we learn to know and remember ourselves. Join Sarah for an exploration of self in relationship with other.
Led by Sarah Peyton. $20 per drop-in (and/or recording of) phone session, one session monthly, 7-8:30 p.m.Pacific time, upcoming sessions on:
· June 13 (Brain Waves and Empathy)
· July 25 (Asperger’s and Autism: How Empathy can Contribute)
· August 8 (Safety: How to Claim it With Resonant Empathy)
· September 12 (Glial Cells, Memory, Brain Fitness and Empathy)
· October 24 (Addiction, Habits and Free Will: Empathy for Choice and Decision Fatigue, with a nod to the Basal Ganglia)
· November 28 (Power and Privilege: Neuroscience and Empathy)
· December 19 (FREE telecall)
· January (The Writer’s Mind: The Importance of Empathy and Neuroscience)
· February (The Right Hemisphere: Home of Empathy)
· March (Money and Empathy)
Register for the series with Sarah Peyton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment via check or paypal.