Whether you’ve read Sarah’s book, Your Resonant Self or not, this pre-recorded series is a wonderful way to deep-dive, chapter by chapter, into how to create resonance and heal from traumatic painful experiences.
This is a prerecorded online Zoom course that moves through YOUR RESONANT SELF in 16 sessions, 1 session per chapter + introduction and closing that can help provide supportive re-recorded video context of Sarah outlining the key concepts of each chapter, at your own pace.
This live “book study group” component of this course is complete but you can still watch the recordings and move through this content at your own pace.
- Gain access to this completed prerecorded zoom course, which goes in-depth into the content in a 16-hour series, beginning with the introduction and going chapter by chapter with Sarah teaching the content.
- Largely informational and questions-based, rather than focused on emotional processing, during each of the 16 sessions Sarah presents that week’s material (slides are also available for download), followed by questions from those that participated live.
- Each recording is 55 minutes
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Session 1: Introduction and Welcome
In this Session, the learning container is set as Sarah covers the materials in the introduction, and introduces you to the neurobiology that helps support you to see that you make PERFECT sense and that there’s nothing wrong with you.
- Session 2 – Chapter 1: How We Talk to Ourselves: The Default Mode Network
This chapter explores the way trauma and adverse childhood experiences create imprints on our brain that lead us to talk to ourselves critically and introduces the concept of the default mode network, home of the critical inner voice.
- Session 3 – Chapter 2: Staying in Emotional Balance: Healthy Self-Regulation
In this session of the study group learn the basics of learning how to self-regulate with warmth and resonance.
- Session 4 – Chapter 3: Developing Self-Kindness: Introducing the Resonating Self-Witness
I’m not good enough… In this session you will learn how to begin transforming that constant, nagging “not good enough” critic into an advocate that knows you are exactly right, just as you are. (Or could it be that I am exactly right?)
- Session 5 – Chapter 4: Taming the Inner Critic: Hearing the Attempt to Contribute
I have nothing to complain about … In this session, you’ll see how to begin to believe that your story TRULY matters, and there’s a very good reason your critical voice is there… trying to protect you!
- Session 6 – Chapter 5: Calming Anxiety: Moving Toward Trust
If I relax, all hell is going to break lose… (or could it be that I can trust myself and others?)
- Session 7 – Chapter 6: Time Traveling with Resonance: Healing Old Hurts
I’m not really here; I don’t know what I want (or could it be that I can discover myself?)
- Session 8 – Chapter 7: Claiming Anger’s Creative and Protective Gifts
Anger is bad (or could it be that anger used correctly supports life?) or I am an angry person (or could it be that I am a complex person who sometimes gets angry)
- Session 9 – Chapter 8. Vanquishing Ancient Fears
I’m stuck in the past; I can’t get beyond this (or could it be that healing brings me to the present?)
- Session 10 – Chapter 9: Returning from Dissociation
This session’s lesson explores the underlying feelings of dissociation, which often amount to, “Nobody understands me; I am alone.” This session explores the possibility that as we heal, we can begin to see the way in which we are profoundly interconnected with other beings, and with life itself.
- Session 11 – Chapter 10: Attachment: How Brains Respond to Accompaniment
Adverse childhood experiences can lead to a persistent feeling of terror, a sense that we will never feel safe. We may think: “the world is terrifying and I will never feel safe!” This lesson breaks down chapter 10 and explains how to repattern your nervous system to feel safe from the inside out.
- Session 12 – Chapter 11: Healing Self-Hate and Disorganized Attachment
In the cramping patterns of self-hate, we often feel we hate ourselves and perhaps lose all hope that our lives matter. Suicidality and other outcomes of disorganized attachment are explored in this week, along with how to use self-guided process work and meditations to heal self-hate and disorganization.
- Session 13 – Chapter 12: Gently Healing Depression
Often when struggling with depression, we feel despair and hopeless, as if our lives have no meaning. This lesson shows us how to find richness and create meaning, to feel that self-love is within reach.
- Session 14 – Chapter 13: Leaving Behind Addictions and Compulsions: The Contributions of Self-Understanding and Resonance
This lesson explores the nucleus accumbens, why we become addicted to substances and activities, and how to use empathy to provide gentleness for our nervous system so that we can relax and have more choice.
- Session 15 – Chapter 14: Joy, Community, and Our Outside Voice: Bringing Our Resonating Self-Witness to Others
This lesson explores the importance of empathizing with excitement, delight and joy. Understanding the gifts of social engagement – what happens in our body when we’re in ventral vagal, vibrating with other humans in trust and safety, is a key piece of hope that can help keep us going on the path of healing trauma.
- Session 16: Closing
After purchasing if you are looking for your course; please go to https://members.empathybrain.com/ and log in (or register if you do not have a members account yet!) Your recording could take 6-24 hours to appear on your account. For further information, please visit the FAQ here