Live online classes happening now!
Do you long for easy, sweet relationships? Do you sometimes feel stuck, conflicted, dissatisfied, and lonely? Have you read and integrated much of the self-warmth from the book “Your Resonant Self,” and do you still have difficulty with bringing it into life in the space between people?
This new book-study-course offers a fresh look into the content of “Your Resonant Self,” from the point of view of our closest relationships, with children, partners, parents, siblings, friends and co-workers, alongside the brain-changing science and insights of the book. During this course, we will examine the different brain concepts and how each affects the way we are in relationship.
Whether you are experienced or brand new to Sarah’s book, this study group is for you!
Registration includes live classes and recordings to review classes or to watch any recordings you missed. Additionally, all registrants will have access to monthly Relational Neuroscience and Empathy Webinars included for the (8-month) duration of the course. You will also have access to the original full book study recording series for just 1/4 of the regular price if you would like to fully integrate the neuroscience concepts.
- This is an online Zoom course that moves through YRS, exploring how our relationships with others are impacted by each topic covered in the book. This course will be 16 sessions, each week exploring a different chapter + 1 week each for introduction and closing
Due to Sarah’s travel schedule, the 16 meeting dates will be spread out over about 8 months on Thursday mornings from 9-9:55am Pacific time, – starting January 2, and continuing on Jan. 16, Feb. 6, Feb. 13, Feb. 27, March 12, March 19, April 2, May 7, May 14, May 21, May 28, June 25, July 2, July 30, August 6, and with an optional make up day Aug 13 in the event one of the classes needs to be rescheduled.
- Though the first meeting is January 2, 2020, you can join anytime and catch up by watching the recordings and still catch all the upcoming live classes, as they are spread out over 8 months!
- Each of the 16 sessions will include a short welcome/hello to set our resonant learning container, then Sarah will present that week’s material (slides will be available for download), and then you’ll have time for questions and spots of empathy for any places you’re struggling with the material
- Each session is a 55-minute class, and will take place on Thursday mornings from 9-9:55 am Pacific time. Downloadable recordings and slides will be made available shortly after each of the 16 meetings.
- Registration includes the monthly Relational Neuroscience and Empathy Webinar series for the length of time of the group!
- Registration includes a 75% discount on the original book study recordings!*
*please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after you purchase and someone will support you in getting the discount
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Week 1: Introduction and Welcome
This week we’ll set our learning container and go over the materials in the introduction, and put in place our understanding of the neurobiology of relationships.
- Week 2 – Chapter 1: How We Talk to Ourselves: The Default Mode Network
This chapter explores the way in which our inner voices affect our relational connections.
- Week 3 – Chapter 2: Staying in Emotional Balance: Healthy Self-Regulation
In this week’s study group we’ll learn how emotional balance in both people influences the relationship.
- Week 4 – Chapter 3: Developing Self-Kindness: Introducing the Resonating Self-Witness
Trust is the focus of our exploration this week. If we prevent ourselves from having trust, we will have a difficult time nourishing relational growth with a partner.
- Week 5 – Chapter 4: Taming the Inner Critic: Hearing the Attempt to Contribute
How do our inner critics sabotage our relationships? How can we invite movement and healing?
- Week 6 – Chapter 5: Calming Anxiety: Moving Toward Trust
Week 6 takes us into the role of anxiety in our connections, and how to move toward more soothing relational spaces. This week we begin to understand the relationship between the vagus nerve and our nervous system states of fight/flight/panicked aloneness and immobilization.
- Week 7 – Chapter 6: Time Traveling with Resonance: Healing Old Hurts
This week’s group takes us into an understanding of trauma and its effect on relationships, and how trauma healing changes us and makes us more available for mutual nourishment.
- Week 8 – Chapter 7: Claiming Anger’s Creative and Protective Gifts
What effect does anger have on relationships? Does it have to be toxic, or can it be life-serving?
- Week 9 – Chapter 8. Vanquishing Ancient Fears
In this study group, we’ll look at how our connections are impacted by terror, fear and fear-based anxiety. How does it feel to move toward a true sense of safety?
- Week 10 – Chapter 9: Returning from Dissociation
How do relationships keep us in a state of dissociation? And how can we use this knowledge to claim our full capacity for presence with one another?
- Week 11 – Chapter 10: Attachment: How Brains Respond to Accompaniment
This week’s lesson breaks down our patterns of attachment and explores how we try to make ourselves safe within our attachment styles, and how this effects our relationships.
- Week 12 – Chapter 11: Healing Self-Hate and Disorganized Attachment
In the cramping patterns of self-hate, we often feel we hate ourselves and perhaps lose all hope that our lives matter. How can we survive self-hate in our interpersonal connections?
- Week 13 – Chapter 12: Gently Healing Depression
Often when struggling with depression, we feel despair and hopeless, as if our lives have no meaning, and this changes our ability to act in our connections with others. This week’s lesson shows us how to find richness and create meaning, to feel that self-love is within reach.
- Week 14 – Chapter 13: Leaving Behind Addictions and Compulsions: The Contributions of Self-Understanding and Resonance
Interlocking and mutually canceling sacred vows can leave people with so little room to breathe or exist that addictions become the only answer. How can our understanding of unconscious contracts help us in the journey toward freedom from addictions and compulsions?
- Week 15 – Chapter 14: Joy, Community, and Our Outside Voice: Bringing Our Resonating Self-Witness to Others
This week’s lesson explores the importance of empathizing with excitement, delight and joy, and how dyadic joy is. Understanding the gifts of social engagement – what happens in our body when we’re in ventral vagal, vibrating with other humans in trust and safety, is a key piece of hope that can help keep us going on the path of healing trauma.
Due to Sarah’s travel schedule, the 16 meeting dates will be spread out over about 8 months on Thursday mornings from 9-9:55am Pacific time,
– starting January 2, and continuing on Jan. 16, Feb. 6, Feb. 13, Feb. 27, March 12, March 19, April 2, May 9, May 14, May 21, May 28, June 25, July 2, July 30, August 6, and with an optional makeup day Aug 13 in the event one of the classes needs to be rescheduled.