In honor of the anniversary of 9/11/2001, we spend the time in this webinar exploring the level of resonance needed to begin to honor the way we need to be held with care in our hopelessness, shame, rage and frozenness in the face of events far beyond our control. These events include global warming, species extinction, famine, intergenerational patterns of abuse, neglect and trauma, acts of nature or terrorism, or even the secondary trauma of trying to be present to others holding despair for the world. Join Sarah in asking, how do we find our way to the fierce joy and movement to action that lie within our paralysis?
This recording covers:
- Introduction to Despair Work
- The neurophysiology of trauma
- Retaining our hold on the body
- Doing our work so we can hold others
- How do we hold enormity in groups?
- Unflinching self-empathy
- Questions and Time for Integration